Fujicalin® is a dibasic calcium phosphate anhydrous designed to function as a direct compression excipient. It has exceptional flow and compression characteristics, while maintaining the ability for rapid disintegration. The key to Fujicalin®'s superior performance is the highly specialized and proprietary manufacturing process that yields a unique primary particle. The patented manufacturing process yields porous spheres with high specific area.
Fujicalin® is totally synthetic and ideally suited to direct compression formulations, especially involving difficult-to-compress materials like oily actives. It can also be used to assist flow, reduce tablet weight variation and improve content uniformity. Fujicalin®'s compressibility facilitates the design of smaller tablets. It can also be used as a partial or total replacement for microcrystalline cellulose.
- Fujicalin® is a synthetic, free flowing spherically granulated Dibasic Calcium Phosphate Anhydrous (DCPA) for direct compression of tablets.
- Fujicalin®'s patented manufacturing process yields porous spheres with a high specific area, 20 to 70‰ more than conventional Dibasic Calcium Phosphate excipients.
- Fujicalin® has a low mean particle size of 115μm. The granules are highly stable and compact to tablets of higher
- Fujicalin®'s smooth and spherical
granules are less abrasive on
tabletting machines leading to trouble
- Fujicalin®'s porosity and extremely high specific area allows formulators to develop oral dosage forms of oily actives.
- Fujicalin®'s anhydrous nature results in very low water of crystallization thus making it the ideal choice for hydrolysable drugs.
- Fujicalin® makes sufficiently hard tablets at low compression forces and in addition can improve the hardness of other fillers and binders. It is an ideal excipient for manufacturing tablets of probiotic preparations.
- Fujicalin® retains porosity at high compression forces and exhibits low friability across broad compression range.
- Fujicalin® facilitates the production of easily disintegrating, smaller and
- Fujicalin® is suitable for both pharmaceutical and food applications.